[vdr] Re: ANNOUNCE: Tvonscreen 0.6.0

Jürgen Schmitz wrote:

Bernd Juraschek wrote:

Hi,

TVonscreen 0.6.0 is available.

thanks for this nice plugin :-)

It supports vdr 1.2.6 adn 1.3.x. Many new features have been added and bugs have been fixed.

I've compiling problems in magazine.c:

g++ -g -O2 -Wall -Woverloaded-virtual -c -DPLUGIN_NAME_I18N='"tvonscreen"' -D_GNU_SOURCE-I/usr/include/vdr/include -I/usr/include magazine.c
magazine.c: In member function `virtual void magazine::Show()':
magazine.c:1147: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
magazine.c:1147: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id
magazine.c:1148: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
magazine.c:1148: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id
magazine.c:1149: error: array bound forbidden after parenthesized type-id
magazine.c:1149: note: try removing the parentheses around the type-id
make: *** [magazine.o] Error 1

After removing the parentheses the error is gone, but I dont understand
that this is a real error. Are there some C++ gurus around knowing the
syntactical details of the type definition for new statements?

I'm using gcc 3.4.1. Is this the cause for the error message? Is this
version more ANSI conform?

Hm, well, maybe. None of my beta testers reported this. Is gcc 3.4.1 part of any distribution already?
Gentoo uses a gcc 3.3.4 - no problems with this plugin.

Greets,
Christian

Home | Main Index | Thread Index