[vdr] Creating animated mng files for text2skin

Hello everyone,

I have been trying to make my own skin for VDR and would like to create some
animations for it as well.  AFAIK, libmagick supports animated MNG files in
the OSD.  There are just a few things to watch out for which are related to
the number of colors you can use in the palette and resolution (8bpp files
only).

What I did first was create a few 4 color PNG files. Next, I tried to use
the "convert" utility that comes with libmagick to generate the MNG files.

Convert -delay 30 file1.png file2.png file3.png animatedfile.mng

When I try to view this new MNG file in a mng-supported viewer, its works
just fine.  But, when I try to use the MNG in a skin, it is not displayed.
Does anyone have any hints for me for creating animated MNG files that will
work in text2skin-0.0.8? I noticed that the MNG files which do work with
text2skin have a special PLTE chunk defined (which the convert utility
doesn't seem to create).

Regards,

Home | Main Index | Thread Index