[vdr] Re: VDR + streamdev to XBMC

Gavin Hamill wrote:

I was wondering if anyone has already written a python script / plugin for xbmc (the xbox media center) to act as a streamdev client / use streamdev http streaming and svdrp?

I've used it successfully but I ended up just using some lame Perl to create a series of .m3u files, one for each channel in my channels.conf
e.g.
<snip>

And just piped the channels.conf into it... lame but it worked (mostly) - in fact I discovered a bad bug in XBMC - after the port 80 connection is established, if no data is received by XBMC, then the Xbox hangs and you can't press "Cancel" - I logged a bug report, but the developers haven't looked at it yet :(
Ok, I've already done something similiar. Any ideas about either svdrp or streamdev client?

I want to be able to play recordings too. I think this could be done by just scanning the video folder and "streaming" using smb. But it would be really cool to also have epg / timer programming and stuff like that.

kind regards Philip

Home | Main Index | Thread Index