[vdr] Re: softdevice on Matrox G400 DH crtc2

On Mittwoch, 29. September 2004 14:24, Lucian Muresan wrote:

[ .. ]

> therefore my directfb configuration looks like this:
>
> mode=720x576
> matrox-sgram
> matrox-crtc2
> primary-layer=2
> matrox-tv-standard=pal
> matrox-cable-type=scart-rgb
>
> If I to run vdr with softdevice in this directfb configuration, I get
> the output below. Is the output on the second head not yet supported?

I didn't try output to 2nd head :-( . So it is not supported yet.
I only tried for a short time tv-out via primary head :-) .

[ .. ]
> [dfb] Enumeratig display Layers
> Layer 2 FBDev Primary Layer  Type: graphics
>      Caps: brightness contrast saturation surface
>      This is our videoLayer

You set primary-layer=2, so softdevice tries the first one
with capabilitiy "surface".

> Layer 1 Matrox Backend Scaler  Type: graphics picture video
>      Caps: brightness contrast deinterlacing dst_colorkey screen_location
> surface
> Layer 0 Matrox CRTC2 Layer  Type: graphics picture video
>      Caps: brightness contrast flicker_filtering hue saturation surface

softdevice selection for video-layer and osd-layer has to be adjusted
to support 2nd head output.

> Layer 3 Matrox CRTC2 Sub-Picture  Type: graphics picture video
>      Caps: alphachannel opacity surface

[ .. ]

> [dfb] Using this layer for OSD: Matrox CRTC2 Layer
> [dfb] Using this layer for Video out: FBDev Primary Layer
> [dfb] (re)configuring Videolayer to 720 x 576 (720x576)
> Can't configure ScreenLocation. Hope it is Fullscreen
> Caught: c@ (!!!)  *** WARNING [Application exited without
> deinitialization of DirectFB!] *** [core.c:638 in dfb_core_deinit_check()]

A fix for avoiding sig (sig 6 with my setup) errors is in cvs version of softdevice:
http://softdevice.berlios.de/

Hopfully I soon can go on with softdevice development.

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index