[vdr] Re: osdpip or vdr problem in error situation

Pasi Juppo wrote:
Easilly reproducable error situation with osdpip (this problem may affect other plugins too):

1. select any channel
2. activate osdpip
3. change channel as long as vdr changes to another mux
4. vdr exits with error codes:
-channel not available (or someting similar, I have finnish error)
-ERROR: attempt to open OSD while it is already open!
5. vdr exit code is 0, which I think mean normal exit
->rundvr does not restart vdr

Any ideas how to solve this (without removing osdpip)?

Sorry no idea. I don't have such a error. But btw I would also report an
error with osdpip: I have a one-card system so with osdpip I can only
zap the current mux. That's ok, but if I am on the very first channel
(in channels.conf) of one mux and want to zap backwards (there is no
available channel any more in that direction as i am already watching
the first one of that mux!), vdr crashes and restarts! If nobody can
confirm/reproduce that behavior I can check log messages and exit status
on request!

CU/all
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror@errror.de | http://www.errror.de
Quote of the Week: "printk("VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. "