[vdr] Re: SetEvents using too much CPU?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

I am currently in the process of ironing out some bottlenecks in the

VDR buffer handling, and while doing so will also dig into this matter.
I'll most likely make it so that the actual event/timer assignment
will only be done if an event is actually modified.

Yes I saw your patch, I have not had a chance to try it myself.
I did wonder whether the CPU load of timers.SetEvents could potentially
cause buffering problems on low end machines. Some of the kernel
filesystem handling is performed by asynchronous kernel threads with non-realtime priority (e.g. kblockd, journald etc). If VDR is consuming a lot of CPU in a realtime thread then this may adversely effect the kernel filesystem performance.

Jon

Home | Main Index | Thread Index