[vdr] Re: two VDR boxes

Emil Naepflein wrote:

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 13:45:43 +0300, Lauri Tischler <lwgt@iki.fi> wrote:

Is there any reason why following would not work
- primary main VDR box with large /video directories
- secondary VDR (in bedroom) without /video,
  /video is nfs-mounted from primary box.

All recordings would then be available for both boxes.

This is no problem. I have one large server and multiple clients.
Ummm.. did a quick test

in bedroom vdr mounted local /video as /video0 and
then nfs-mounted /video from livingroom vdr as /video1
set -v /video0 in 'runvdr'
but I can only see recordings in /video0
'ls -l' shows /video0 and /video1 just fine.
'mount' shows :
/dev/hda7 on /video0 type reiserfs (rw)
vdr:/video on /video1 type nfs (rw,addr=192.168.32.22)

I'm missing sumpthink or maybe I need some sleep :)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index