[vdr] Re: Mediamvp

Hi!

>> I have found my Hauppauge MediaMVP again ;-) and I'm trying to get it
>> working with the mediamvp-plugin! But I'm having som trouble ... I'm
>> most intrested of getting the "mvp"-plugin to work, because I only
>> have one DVB-card and a lot of the channels I'm watching uses
>> subtitles. But I can't get it working! If I load it I only get a black
>> screen on my MVP, if I turns off the MVP and starts it again I first
>> get the progress bar and Contacting ..., and the the progressbar
>> disappears and nothing more happens!
>
> Ah, well the mvp plugin won't help you with subtitles. In fact, it
> really won't help you with much! In order to get the video stream going
> I think you have to press a key on the remote.
>
> The "mvp" (as opposed to the "mediamvp") plugin is dead, it was a poc
> that  didn't work too well.

Okay, then I will put all my energy at the mediamvp-plugin ;-)

>> I'm now trying the mediamvp-plugin - but with that I really often
>> (50%) of the channel switches only gets a black screen on the MVP, and
>> the only way to get it working again is to switch it off/on using the
>> remote. I don't know if it has something to do with that channel
>> switching takes about 3-4 seconds?
>
> I think that's due to timeshared channels? Maybe I should stick in a
> check  for video PID being 0 and work around it that way.

Hmmm ... I don't really know if I understood what you mean - but doesn't
all tv-channels need a video-pid?

> BTW, channel switching is fairly quick, but the MVP buffers about 2-3
> seconds which makes it appear slow!

Well, my VDR-box is also quite slow, it takes between 2-5 seconds before I
get picture at the TV connected to the computer, so I thought that maybe
the plugin "gave up"? Is there some kind ot timeout or something waiting
for a picture in the plugin?

/L
---
http://www.fredriksson.net/