[vdr] Re: two VDR boxes

> Hi,
> I'm working on a "ClientMode"-Patch for VDR, for use in a client-server
> VDR environment with no DFB cards in the clients. In fact, my clients
> are diskless VDRs without recording capability, streaming via streamdev
> plugin.
> The patch adds a "ClientMode" entry to the setup. If set to yes, the
> timers list will be synchronized with the server and every modification
> on the client side results in an immediate change on the server side
> (via SVDRP). Recording of the client side will be suppressed, every
> record command (even timeshifting) leads to recording on the server.
> This way, the VDR clients act as fully transparent frontends to the VDR
> server.
> The patch is ready to test, but I had not yet time to test it.
> Any comments are wellcome.
> Greetings,
> Matthias Huber

that's some interesting news :)  I'll be glad to get a copy of your patch. But
it would be great if you could still make it possible to use recording
capabilities on the client, as i use a ff card in my client. Maybe something
like if there is no free dvb device on the server (watch for conflicting
timer entries) then the client should record it. Default still is recording
on the server. that would be fine.
Thanks a lot for your work!

greetings
Thomas