[vdr] Re: DVD playback from hard-disk?

On Monday 04 October 2004 17:31, Matt Tovey wrote:
> I'd like to copy DVDs to my hard-disk and play these back with VDR. At
> the moment I'm copying the DVDs with 'vobcopy -l' and using mplayer and
> Stefan's mplayer plugin to play them back, but there are a few problems
> with this:
>
> - vobcopy keeps all the audio soundtracks so that I can later choose
> between german and english soundtracks (for example). But the IDs of the
> different audio tracks vary, so using mplayer I have to check what IDs
> are avilable, and them try them out until I find the one I want.
>
> - When video for different languages is present (for example, the
> scrolling titles at the beginning of Star Wars), the pictures jump
> backwards every few seconds and play the other language. So I'd like a
> solution that can also choose the correct video language (is this done
> with angles?).

I think it might be better to use the following when you copied the dvd-files
to ./dvdcopy.

# mplayer -dvd-device ./dvdcopy dvd:// -alang de

Then mplayer could parse the dvd-info-files and play only one angle of the dvd
and also look for the german audiotrack and play it.
Or you might try "-alang de,en".
Or better
# man mplayer

But I don't use mplayer-plugin myself and thus could not tell you how to
integrate that.

Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index