[vdr] Re: system time synchronisation using vdr

Hi,

> >I'm running vdr as user vdr. This way vdr isn't permitted to set the system
> >time.
>
> There has been some discussion about that at vdrportal, together with a
> workaround via sudo:
>
> http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=4377

I've seen this ...

> Although, if there's a way to run vdr with the necessary rights to set
> the time, this would be a lot better.

I think a solution inside vdr is minimizing the effort for creating packets
for distributions. It's simpler to give some command line options than to
modify the sudo configs.

Good morning,
Bernd

--
Steal my cash, car and TV - but leave the computer!
        -- Soenke Lange <soenke@escher.north.de>

Home | Main Index | Thread Index