[vdr] Re: System-Freeze when switching to ARD

On Samstag, 16. Oktober 2004 20:56, Tilo Renkl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> since I am reading a lot about problems with the driver, I thought, I might
> remind you about a VERY BAD bug in VDR/DVB:
>
> Sometimes, when zapping to ARD I get a complete System-Freeze. I am not
> the only one
> with this problem. See this thread in german VDR-Portal: Klick
> <http://www.vdrportal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=23369&sid=&hilight=salaam>
>
> I think, when switching to that transponder, the driver is getting "bad"
> data, whitch cause
> a endless loop inside, so the system freezes.
>
> I am now running VDR 1.3.12 on Kernel 2.4.28pre4 and DVB-20040727.
>
> Tested this with many differend kernels/drivers/VDR. The only thing,
> that I can say is that
> it likely happens, when VDR is running for hours. And it has nothing to
> do with the EPG-scan.
> (disabled it).

Hm, did you test recent dvb-kernel CVS drivers?
I fixed a bug on September 7th which caused freezes on 2.6 SMP kernels.

Some people reported freezes when using kvdr.

> Maybe someone of the driver-develpoers can look into this.

You could try to track down the problem using the "magic sysrq key",
See /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sysrq.txt.

HTH
Oliver

VDR Remote Plugin available at
http://endriss.escape.bei.t-online.de/vdr/