[vdr] Re: dvb-shop "blackbox" WAS Re: Re: J2 pins to RGBS

> And it reveals again the basic problem (IMHO) of these cable designs. The
> cable from J2 to backplate connector is unshielded flat cable, and worst
> problem is that SPDIF signal (digital 1 and 0's at high rate) are next to
> color signals. Blue is at pin 3, SPDIF at pin 4, green at pin 5. This is
> caused by J2 connector itself and causes with flat cable those signals to
> run side-by-side.
>
> This causes distrortion grid of about 45 degrees in video picture. Only
> solution is to separate SPDIF-signal from cable. Better would be shielded
> video signal lines.

Yes, that is indeed true. I experienced such distortions when i first used my
selfmade RGB-scart cable.  I also used a flat-ribbon cable (slightly modified
serial-port connector cable from the motherboard, fits perfectly on the J2).
To solve the problem, I simply separated the single wire (spdif signal) from
the rest of the flat cable and wrapped lots of aluminium around it. Looks
very hackish but it works. I get a perfect picture now along with AC3overDVB.

btw, nice theory from you :) I found the solution the experimental way... :)

greetings

TOm

Home | Main Index | Thread Index