[vdr] bitstreamout and mp3?

Hi,

how can I send the decoded MP3 to the SPDIF out using bitstreamout? Werner
says it would be easy if vdr-mp3 used PlayAudio() but it doesn't ... Any idea?

Basically, sending sound to the SPDIF works if I use mpg123 on the command
line for example (VIA8231 / VT1612A), using /dev/dsp0. 'mp3 -D /dev/dsp0'
_might_ work as well but since I'm using bitstreamout the audio device is
blocked, and bitstreamout doesn't give way to another process attempting
to open /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p.

What gives?

--
Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers.
		-- Leonard Brandwein

Home | Main Index | Thread Index