[vdr] Re: Problems playing NTSC-material with mplayer-plugin on FF-dvb-card

On 24/10/2004, at 7:55 PM, Harri Kukkonen wrote:

Juri Haberland wrote:
Harri Kukkonen wrote:
I can't get mplayer-plugin (or is it called just MP3-plugin now?) to play NTSC-based material (29.97 or 23.976 fps) on my FF DVB-card. More specifically the problem is with Xvid etc. files which need to be encoded into MPEG1 for the FF-card.
[mpeg1video @ 0x847b880]removing common factors from framerate
[mpeg1video @ 0x847b880]MPEG1/2 doesnt support 2997/100 fps
Hi,
this is caused by a change in mplayer version 1.0pre4 (and later
versions). It only accepts the values 24, 25 and 30.
To make the mplayer.sh script work again with NTSC you have to replace
the occurrence of 29.970 with 30 in line 382 and in line 542.
Thank you for the advice, this and also Michal's suggestion above worked.

Now the problem is that mplayer apparently doesn't do telecine properly for 24 fps material, sound is also out of synch with these. Adding ,telecine in the end of -vop parameter helped smooth the playback in one case, other two that I tested showed strange wobbling (like interlacing artefacts with many times thicker lines). All were in the same resolution (640x352, expanded into 640x480).
Playing these in PAL speed seems to fix the problems reasonably well, so I guess I'm stuck with that, until I have time to study mplayer more.

It is also worth mentioning that -vop is depreciated and -vf should be used in its place. The parameters for -vop were in reverse order while this is not the case for -vf (so it would look something like -vf scale=640:480,expand=640:480:-1:-1:1,lavc=9000=29.970 for example).

Regards,
Michal Dobrzynski

Home | Main Index | Thread Index