[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.13 with NTPL

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 13:39, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> Well, apparently the CPU load is the same with or without this usleep()
> (at least here on my system). So I'll just remove it, together with the
> whole NPTL check in vdr.c.

CPU usage is negligible (i.e. really hard to see in top when sorted by
usage!) on a 1 GHz athlon with vdr-1.3.13 and NPTL.

One problem I did get was a loss of live TVafter watching a recording
for a while, i.e. no live TV when I stopped playback (femon plugin gives
0.0 bitrates for both video and audio! Had to reboot to get it back. :-(

I had also applied the dvbdevice patch and have since removed that and I
think it's now OK but needs more fuller testing.

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index