[vdr] Re: How to kill an svdrp connection from vdr ?

syrius.ml@no-log.org wrote:
Gregoire Favre <Gregoire.Favre@freesurf.ch> writes:

it means if you use SVDRPTimeout=0 and the tcp connection has
been closed without having issued the required QUIT command, we have
to restart vdr. :-(
That was my problem...
The only real solution, would be multiple SVDRP connection, but...

i know.
implementing multiple SVDRP connections into vdr is not the only
solution.
A svdrp proxy may be a better idea. It could be written in perl or
python and would be easier to maintain.
In that case vdr stays with its one-svdrp connection and a non zero
svdrptimeout. The svdrproxy would handle multiple connections.

my 2 cents ;-)

Argh... in Perl? I'm runnning VDR on a small compact flash card and have no space to store Perl or Phyton on it ...

Why not implementing it into vdr?

--
Oliver

Home | Main Index | Thread Index