[vdr] linux dvb driver cable trouble

Hi,

I already wrote to this list but I had no answer…

Her is my question (if someone can help me find the problem) :

In my new flat I receive digital cable channels. The official decoder let me view all the channels I have subscribed.

In these channels there are three transponders I cannot find anymore with vdr and the dvb driver.

I tried to plug the official decoder behind the vdrbox.

The official decoder is able to get all the channels (no problem)

My vdrbox doesn’t want to tune to three transponders.

I’m pretty sure of the frequency of these transponder because :

-          before I moved to this flat, my vdr box was running fine

-          some times I can tune to some channels on one of those transponders

-          My cable provider didn’t changed anything

The signal seems to be quite good because the official decoder, wich is plugged behind the vdrbox, received all the channels I cannot get with vdr

I tried many things :

 - plug only the vdr box

 - change the coax cable (now I have a shielded cable)

 - test several drivers : dvb-cvs backport (2.4), standard DVB driver for kernel 2.4, Klaus preferred driver, …

Whatever I did, I was not able to tune to these transponders…

Config:

ViaC3@800

FF-card from Hauppauge (it’s the same card as the technotrend one)

VDR 1.3.13

DVB drivers : kernel backport and standard kernel

Linux kernel 2.4.26 and 2.4.27

Home | Main Index | Thread Index