[vdr] Re: /video directories on a CD/DVD?

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Sascha Volkenandt wrote:

>Sorry for the forward, I've entered the wrong sender :-(
>
>Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 21:41 schrieb Sascha Volkenandt:
>> Am Montag, 25. Oktober 2004 10:24 schrieb Jan Ekholm:
>> > Another solution would be to just dump the raw VDR directory hiearchy for
>> > a show on a DVD-rw. It would waste lots of space, but should be doable.
>> > The actual burning I can do with my normal workstation, but I'd like to
>> > be able to just pop a DVD into the VDR machine and whatever is on the
>> > disk would show up in the normal "Recordings" menu. So, what I'm
>> > wondering is wether VDR can directly use a DVD that is mounted as, say,
>> > /video1 (the normal partition would be /video0)? Or are the /videoX
>> > directories only scanned when VDR is started, meaning that dynamically
>> > mounted disks can't be used? I guess that if the DVD is mounted when VDR
>> > starts there is no problem, but what if the DVD is mounted after VDR has
>> > started (and also unmounted)?
>>
>> You can use MediaDetection for that, and even if you don't want that, you
>> can use a simple commands.conf layout to achieve what you want:
>>
>> Mount DVD : mount /dev/dvd /video0/DVD ; touch /video0/.update
>>
>> DVD is then searched by VDR like a normal recording sub-directory.

Ah, this last line was exactly what I wanted to know. I'll do it either
with the Media Detection plugin or manually. I think VDR has any reasons
for keeping any files open on the DVD, so it should be unmountable too.

Thanks for the help guys!

--
  "You can't trample infidels when you're a tortoise. I mean, all you could
                  do is give them a meaningful look."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index