[vdr] Re: Teletext pass-through

Dr. Werner Fink wrote:

On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 07:35:35PM +0200, Marcel Wiesweg wrote:

Hmmm ... for my TV set this only works with FBAS connection. With
S-Video or within transfer mode, which is simply a replay with a
timshift of a few seconds, it does not work. Clearly the later
one is given by the limits of replaying, whereas the first one
is caused by the video format.

Videotext is reinserted into the blanking intervall, so it is well possible that there is nothing like that with S-Video.
Usually, if you set a PID to the MPEG decoder with the special teletext PES type set, it will automatically reinsert this one. If you request that PID for a cReceiver, it won't be reinserted by the firmware. So I am pretty sure that the firmware can only handle reinsertion from internal sources.

Agree ... AFAICS from the firmware sources. Btw: I'm seeking for
more testers about the AC3 replaying firmware I'm currently
finishing.

Werner

I am out of town and just trying to catch up on some of this stuff, not sure what all you are after with your FW testing but definately game to help. I have a Nexus-s and a S/PDIF decoder. So definately willing to help if ya need it!

Thanks

Chad

Home | Main Index | Thread Index