[vdr] Re: New firmware 0.9 for AC3 replay support

On Fri, Oct 29, 2004 at 11:28:00AM +0000, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 28 Oct 2004 "Dr. Werner Fink" <werner@suse.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >        I've just finished my work on the dvb-ttpci
> > firmware.  During implementation of AC3/DTS replay
> > feature I've fixed or changed several points in the
> > firmware:
>
> I did some tests and not all things are working as I would
> expect.
>
> Using:
> Rev 2.1 card
> kernel 2.4.27
> dvb-kernel (for 2.4.x) CVS from 20.08.2004
> AC3 firmware 0.9 (261d)
> vdr 1.3.14
> mp3 0.9.7
>
> When using vdr-1.3.14 with your supplied patch:
> -AC3 plays fine
> -MP3 plugin doesn't play audio
> -it's impossible to select non-AC3 audio streams if the recording
>  contains AC3 (e.g. 0xC1 stream)
>
> When using vdr-1.3.14 with your supplied patch, but disabling AC3
> replay (i.e. by not allowing hasdolby=true in dvbplayer.c):
> -0xC0 stream plays fine, when switching to 0xC1 stream there is
>  no more audio.
> -MP3 plugin doesn't play audio
>
> When using plain vdr-1.3.14:
> -0xC0 stream plays fine, when switching to 0xC1 stream there is
>  no more audio.
> -MP3 plugin doesn't play audio
>
> When using vdr-1.3.14 with AC3overDVB patch:
> -0xC0 stream plays fine, when switching to 0xC1 stream there is
>  no more audio.
> -With encapsulated AC3 stream (LPCM stream) video locks after
>  some seconds. No audio.
> -MP3 plugin doesn't play audio

Thanks for your report.  It seems that there is a problem with
linear PCM replay which is lost from 0.8b to 0.9 ... I guess that
your MP3 plugin uses also linear PCM with the appropiate sub
audio id 0xa0 in a PS1 stream.

The second audio channel problem is new for me, maybe a side effect
of the fix which helps to restore the Audio decoder in its Mpeg2
audio state after replaying linear PCM.

Sorry for the patch for both VDR's ... these are short changes
to see how to put the private stream 1 PES frames into the
audio DVB device.

         Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/