[vdr] Re: VDR won an award :-)

Am Samstag, 30. Oktober 2004 14:28 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> PC Magazin 10/2004 has compared 5 media center programs, and
> VDR won first place - over 4 Windows programs that you actually
> have to pay for ;-).

Not surprising for me. VDR's menu is designed for consumers. No single stand
alone receiver ever had been sold if it's handling was like any windows
program out there!

VDR is well designed, has great receiver functionality and, in general,
satisfying stability. Not to mention the almost perfect recording
capabilities.
I have the dream that this expands to such essential plugins like MP3, DVD and
that AC3overDVB makes its way into the base VDR (preferably with the firmware
patch).

Congratulations to Klaus Schmidinger and all other contributors, namely S.
Huelswitt, Dr. W. Fink, R. Nissl and of course all others that i can't
remember!

-Mano