[vdr] Re: Compiling version 1.3.14

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

bob wrote:

I want to find out if I used the correct procedure to compile vdr 1.3.14.

I'm running gentoo 2.6.9

I extracted it to a subdirectory called VDR. Then, according to the
INSTALL file I extracted linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1.tar.bz2 to another parallel
subdirectory called DVB. However vdr wouldn't build unless I changed the
Makefile like this:

DVBDIR = ../DVB
DVBDIR = ../DVB/linux

It builds now, but I'm not sure why I should have to change the
Makefile. Is the INSTALL file or the Makefile wrong?

The INSTALL and Makefile are correct - if you use the DVB driver.
With the dvb-kernel driver thinks look different, because there
the include file path was changed.

Klaus

I'm still not understanding. I THOUGHT that I WAS using the "DVB driver" (from linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1.tar.bz2). Is that not the correct driver?
I also know that I have /usr/src/linux/drivers/media/dvb but I'm not using that.

bob

Home | Main Index | Thread Index