[vdr] Re: VDR developer version 1.3.15

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 13:36, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Laurence Abbott wrote:
> > > - No longer explicitly waiting for a tuner lock when switching channels
> > >   (apparently setting "live" PIDs before the tuner is locked doesn't hurt).
> > >   Moved the wait into cDevice::AttachReceiver() instead.
> >
> > Hmmmmm...I'm still getting a loss of signal or useful data after a
> > recording starts with this version.
> >
> > Well, what I have just seen is this:
> >
> > 12:28 Timer becomes active, channel switches, recording starts
> > 12:36 ERROR: no useful data seen within 10486640 byte of video stream
> > 12:36 Emergency exit; vdr restarts
> > 12:38 Another 'no useful data error' and another emergency exit;
> > 12:38 I kill vdr as it is restarting and switch to version 1.3.12
> > 13:05 Recording finishes without further problems
> >
> > I end up with the files:
> >
> > -rw-r--r--  1 vdr users  9802479 Nov  2 12:36 001.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--  1 vdr users  2713874 Nov  2 12:38 002.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--  1 vdr users 30826740 Nov  2 13:05 003.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--  1 vdr users   153712 Nov  2 13:05 index.vdr
> > -rw-r--r--  1 vdr users      192 Nov  2 12:39 summary.vdr
> >
> > So it must be getting some useful data in the initial stages, i.e.
> > before the error message.
>
> Strange - I don't have these problems here. Recording works like
> a charm.

Hmmmm...

> > I've seen similar behaviour with various different ages of DVB driver so
> > I don't think it's a problem with them.
> >
> > Does vdr keep on checking the lock during recording?
>
> No. Once a lock has been established, there is no further checking.
> This may change in the future, but currently it waits only when
> attaching a cReceiver. Once it is attached nothing special happens any more.

Any suggestions of where to look for clues? If it doesn't loose the lock
when trying to regain it, or similar, I think I'm back at a problem with
the changes in remux.c, i.e. for some reason it isn't finding frame
borders and not setting synced (I'm also now seeing unknown picture type
errors, which I think ties in with this).

I'll try adding a few printfs to try to work out what is going on here!
I'm still working my way around the source code, i.e. which bits call
what bits under different conditions. I must say that the code is nicely
laid out and easy to follow!

:-)

> > Has this changed
> > between versions? I see that some of the lock checks have moved in this
> > version to allow for a moveable dish.
>
> Well, _I_ did not do anything special about moveable dishes - are you looking
> at a patched version?

I was meaning the changes you mentioned above about moving the wait, and
the thread which followed on about moving dishes.

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index