[vdr] always restarting

Hi

in the past I got continuos vdr restarting when at  STARTUP vdr try
to record  on a channel where  no stream is flowing down
from the satellite.
E.g. encrypted channel and no smart card, or bad channel info ( may be
wrong pidin channels.conf ). I discussed that in a previous thread and it
was not a bug but a feature ( called emergency exit in the source code )
to discover misfunctioning of the DVB card or driver .

Angelo

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004, Cedric.Picard@esial.uhp-nancy.fr wrote:

> hello
>
> I'v installed vdr 1.2.6 with softdevice 0.7pre2 (because i have a nova)
> I succeed to make all but when I run vdr it doesn't seem to work and always
> restart...
>
> I have this display  :
>
> ----------------
> ./runvdr -P softdevice
> [softdevice] processing args
> [softdevice]   argv [0] = softdevice
> [softdevice] initializing Plugin
> [softdevice] Initializing Video Out
> [softdevice] ffmpeg version(0.4.9-pre1) build(4718)
> [softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
> [softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
> Wed Nov  3 08:31:20 CET 2004
> restarting VDR
> make: *** No rule to make target `rmmod'.  Stop.
> make: `insmod' is up to date.
> Wed Nov  3 08:31:30 CET 2004
> [softdevice] processing args
> [softdevice]   argv [0] = softdevice
> [softdevice] initializing Plugin
> [softdevice] Initializing Video Out
> [softdevice] ffmpeg version(0.4.9-pre1) build(4718)
> [softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
> [softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
> Wed Nov  3 08:31:31 CET 2004
> restarting VDR