[vdr] Re: BUG: vdr-streamdev

C.Y.M <syphir@syphir.sytes.net> wrote:
> hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:
> > if (String == channel->Name()) {
> >
> > should be replaced by
> >
> > if (strncasecmp (String, channel->Name(), strlen (channel->Name())) == 0)

> This patch breaks streaming live video.  Tested against vdr-1.3.15,
> streamdev-0.3.3-pre3-geni, and VLC 0.0.8.  Please reconsider this patch.

If it does, something else is broken. Using == for string comparison does
not work, it simply compares the _pointers_ which are always different
so that the function always returns NULL if and only if a channel name is
to be checked. With the patch, the strings are compared properly, and if
live streaming breaks, it breaks because something relies on the function
falsely returning NULL all the time.  So - cConnectionVTP::CmdTUNE and
cConnectionVTP::CmdPROV should be re-checked. You may want to check if
strncmp works instead of strncasecmp but I doubt that.

Sascha?

--

"SCO is playing it like the Raelians [the organization backed by Clonaid's
founder, known as Rael], saying, 'We'll show you proof in a few weeks,

Home | Main Index | Thread Index