[vdr] Re: Separating Radio from TV?

On Thursday 04 November 2004 11:36, hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
> my channels.conf is rather large so that radio channels start beyond
> 300-something (actually: :@401 to keep radio channel numbers in
> case something changes below). This is somewhat uncomfortable. I was
> thinking about whether we could separate TV from Radio by a separate
> channels-radio.conf and a separate top level menu entry like for MP3
> etc. What do you think?

Hi,

that's a nice idea. I would also like sth like that. But in my opinion it only
makes sense if you have a small lcd which at least shows the channel number
or radio station name. otherwise, you would be really blind in navigation
without tv.
a separation of radio and tv is a big feature I miss in VDR over a regular
STB. grouping all relevant radio channels in channels.conf is a workaround,
but a real split would be much better in handling the rather large amount of
channels out there.

greetings
Tom.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index