[vdr] Re: Why does vdr exit when I change channels?

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

bob wrote:

bob wrote:

I finally got vdr running almost perfectly. I can select a couple of
free channels on satellite by scrolling through the menu's list of
channels. When I hit ok (enter) from the keyboard vdr changes to the
channel successfully but then exits saying "Killed" on the screen.

Why does that happen shouldn't vdr keep running if you change channels?

bob

I only have the KBD as the control device. I've traced the problem to
the main loop of vdr.
Interact->ProcessKey(key) returns osEnd which tells the program to shut
down. Tracing all of this back to cMenuChannels::Switch(void) returns
osEnd if cDevice::PrimaryDevice()->SwitchChannel(ch, true) succeeds in
switching the channel. That doesn't make sense to me. Why should the
program exit if you just change channels? Is that a bug?

bob

osEnd just tells it to close the current OSD display, not to exit.

Are you using any plugins or patches?
If so, please try again with plain vanilla VDR.

Klaus

No plugins. But I guess that this 1.3.11 is patched for North American compatibility from what I've read. That's the one I've been looking at. I'm not sure how it differs from 1.3.15. I guess that I'll try 1.3.15 and see what it does. Is it compatible with North American DVB satellites?

bob

Home | Main Index | Thread Index