[vdr] Re: Overwriting channels.conf

On Wed, 2004-11-10 at 00:18, Tony Houghton wrote:
> Vdr seems to overwrite its channels.conf occasionally and basically mess
> it up. I set it up with the Freeview numbers for DVB-T, but today found
> that BBC 3 had moved to 192, and BBC 4 (also moved to 19-something IIRC)
> was "unavailable". It was available again when I put my previous
> channels.conf back.

Hmmmm...I sort mine like that but I've never had vdr move them about,
apart from when a channel has changed multiplex, or something (I think
price-drop.tv did that recently). How have you got the channel scanning
of vdr set, i.e. add new channels, add new transponders, etc.?

> BTW I've written a little perl script to sort the output of tzap -u in
> case anyone's interested. It tends to need more than a trivial one-line
> sort command because of the channel numbers being on separate lines and
> having variable numbers of digits.

Sounds handy. Any chance of posting it?

That is one of my annoyances of vdr: having to sort the channels by hand
and give them their own numbers. Still, if it is used with DVB-S where
there are lots and lots and lots of channels it would be pretty nasty to
sort them all into their allotted slots!

Cheers,

Laz

Home | Main Index | Thread Index