[vdr] Re: BUG: vdr-streamdev

Josef Wolf <jw@raven.inka.de> wrote:

> Ough!  I can't see how to create a buffer overflow with strcmp() as long
> as channel->Name() is terminated properly.  Assuming strlen(a)>strlen(b),
> strncasecmp(a,b,strlen(a)) will stop comparing at the same position
> at which strcasecmp(a,b) would stop: the '\0' that terminates b.

Alright. No problem to change that.

Did someone else try the patch, breaking something? As far as I'm concerned
it's so straightforward that it's nothing to write home about.

--
It will be generally found that those who sneer habitually at human
nature and affect to despise it, are among its worst and least pleasant

Home | Main Index | Thread Index