[vdr] Re: Making a channel.conf with 'scan' util?

At 00:36 11.11.2004, you wrote:

> You are right, of course. Must have been a lockup in my brain ;-)

Sometimes one sees the forest before all the trees not ;-)
:-)

Nevertheless, I am still stuck with my "making a channel.conf" problem.

In the meantime, I patched the "scan" sources, to have the order of channel name and provider reverted, and to have both seperated by a ";" instead of a " - ", so that it's conform to the requirements of VDR. I also found out, that the use of the option "-e 2" is necessary, to have NID and TID set to zero, as otherwise the channel-update-function does not work properly.

The output is now quite useable with VDR 1.3.15, but it's still a total mess. When I scan Astra1 to a channels.conf file, and use that file in VDR, at first it changes all channel data, updating PIDs and adding data-stream to the file, so I assume first it's about zapping through all transpondes, so that all additional data gets added to che channels.conf file. Then I want to try to sort that file, just by editing it with the prefered editor (I work on a ssh connection most of the time, so I just use the nano editor), but this is a process with open end.

Is there a way to first sort the channels.conf by providers? (no idea how to do that, since the order is now "ChannelName;Provider:Freq:....)

What about channel-numbers? Are they useable in channels.conf?

I really would appreciate to get some input, how all the other VDR users manage to have a fitting channel-list, and how to maintain it.

I can receive 4 satellite positions (19.2E + 13.0E + 28.2E + 28.5E + 5.0E), and at the moment it seems to be a hell of a work to come to a useable channel setup.

--
Sincerely,
Master One

Home | Main Index | Thread Index