[vdr] Re: bitstreamout vs. AC3overDVB

hm@seneca.muc.de wrote:
> In group local.ml.linux-vdr you wrote:
> > For your timing problem: please try out 0.61f and report even if
> > it fix your problem.  Just that I know that this fix the problem.

> OK, will do that.

Hi Werner, I installed and tried 0.61f last night, and it seems a little
bit better as far as AV delays. At least I don't see the ~300 ms delays any
more. 0.61f is now at about ~50 - ~100, so that lip synchronizity is quite
good. However I still get frequent dropouts after 15-20 minutes of
watching. When re-starting the plugin by switching channels back and forth,
it is okay again but the dropouts start again after 15-20 minutes. Any idea
what this could be?

> I couldn't see any change, after I noticed that mp3 works just fine with my
> board when choosing OSS output. The only problem is that vdr / mp3 (Don't
> know) crashes after stopping mp3 playback, without leaving a trace in the
> syslog. I'm somewhat lost here.

Anybody an idea as far as these crashes? Again, this is vdr-1.2.6-Elchi04
with mp3-0.97 switched to OSS out.  I'll give it a try again today with DVB
out and Werner's patch but I suspect it still doesn't work right. More to
follow.

--
If it's Tuesday, this must be someone else's fortune.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index