[vdr] [OT] Via EPIA M10k ethernet malfunction : fixed

After a 2 weeks test period, I can confirm that what's I've done to fix the problem works for me.
The fix is proper grounding : connect the mains ground to the computer case. This problem mostly occurs with Morex external AC-DC power blocks : 0V DC (output) is not exactly the same as AC ground (input), leading to ground loop when connected to ethernet or VGA or so.
Since my external power block is *inside* the case (http://nicolas.huillard.net/vdr/photos/2004_05_24%20Montage%20final/118_1827.JPG), connecting input ground to the case frame was not a problem... It might be if the external block remains external...

--
NH

Home | Main Index | Thread Index