[vdr] Re: Default video dir

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:59:52 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> I guess if I actually make any changes in this area, it might
> be to completely remove all that crap and handle only _one_
> /video directory - no links, no fuss, no magic. If you want a big disk,
> use a big disk.

Sorry, but this would be very bad.

Just think of a single file system corruption on this big file system. I
have 2 TB of recordings and I have them placed on many different
filesystems in a way so that if one filesystem is lost I still will have
the others.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index