[vdr] DD AC3 and 1.3.19 broken?

Hi!

I have recently upgraded to 1.3.19 in order to use the AC3/DD functionality.
It seems that either the code is broken or my DD-reciever isn't compatible.

I have a RH 9.0 with 2.4.23 kernel, Nexus-S, Nova-T, CI and Conax CAM 4.00

When I try the 1.3.19 and DVB-driver of 20050202 I can enable the Audio menu
only sometimes. That is when I have a just changed channel for example.( I
have verified that the channels do have DD 2.0. ) The OSD feels kind of slow
and when I'm able to select the DD audio channel, my reciever changes
from 'PCM 48 kHz' to 'Dolby Digital 2.0' but there is no sound. When I start
replaying a DD 5.1 recording I can't get the Audio menu at all.

Ok! So I try the 1.3.18 and same driver. Audio menu works alright all the
time but still no sound. OSD is as quick as I'm used to have it. Playing the
DD 5.1 recording makes my reciever switch to 'Dolby Digital 5.1' but it does
not 'lock' to the signal and I get no sound. It starts switching
stochastically (spell?) to and from DD 5.1 mode, and the recording replays at
a higher speed. ( Live TV DD does not give any sound, PCM 48kHz is ok )

I've read some postings regarding Werner Fink's firmware changes so I tried
the latest firmware ( dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261d ) but with this one I can't even
get the modules to load correctly. I get 'outcom error' and a ARM crash! I
took the newest firmware and renamed it to Root in the av7110 folder. I
assume this is correct? The only thing that I can think of is that I have a
CI+CAM that could be a problem with dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261d. As I understand
there is no CI link layer in this one ?

Can anyone point me in the right direction making DD work with my Sony STR-
DB830?

Home | Main Index | Thread Index