[vdr] Re: Epia M10000 + 1 bundle dvb-s + 1 bundle dvb-t + vdr withtv-out?

Le vendredi 04 février 2005 à 11:05 +0100, Leo Márquez a écrit :
> Hi!,
>
> I'am a newbie in VDR and I'm thinking about build a HTPC with an EPIA Motherboard which has
> tv-out and my question is if vdr works with no Full Featured cards in
> system. Bundle cards are cheaper. I have readed about is but i'm not
> sure. Seems to be needed to decode the mpeg with software
> (softdevice?, directfb?). Is possible to do this and connect the
> tv-out to my saloon tv?. What about using the EPIA onboard tv-out. I
> have readed that there is a plugin to do this with a haupaugge pvr-300
> but it's possible do it with the EPIA? What about the quality of the
> output image? It's less than a full featured card?

Leo,

Image quality on TV out questions should go here

unichrome-users@lists.sourceforge.net

I am using skystar2 with VDR and vdr-xine connected to a Samsung
SyncMaster via RVB. The image quality is great. I have played with TV
output but done no real tests. The unichrome driver + xine gives
hardware mpeg2 which uses about 10% CPU on a Epia M10000. I have
recorded 4 channels while watching 5th and that used about 60% CPU

Tony

Home | Main Index | Thread Index