[vdr] Re: Budget card and VDR ?

On Saturday 05 February 2005 23:59, Stéphane Esté-Gracias wrote:
> 	Hello,
>
> I basically want to know if I could use VDR with budget card.
>
> In fact, I can't understand where OSD are drawn ?
> How could I display OSD ? In special window ?

I have two systems here. One (the "productive") has a FF and a
budget card. Things work there very stable and without problems.

For testing purpose I have another system with only a budget card.
This system uses the vdr-xine plugin in vdr, and xine to display.
The vdr-xine plugin works as an output device, and that is also
where the OSD is rendered.

The budget-only system does not work so perfect, IMO. For example
I have no remote on that system, and xine does not forward most
keys (as it uses them itself).

Linvdr for example comes with the other possible output plugin:
vdr-softdevice. However, if vdr is running the softdevice is running
too. So it is only usable if you have a dedicated vdr computer that
you do not want to use for desktop work.

--Stefan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index