[vdr] Re: vdr-1.3.19 DD5.1 problem

On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 16:37 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Mikko Salo wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > First my machine specs:
> > Debian 3.1 Sarge
> > Asus Pundit, 2.4GHz Pentium 4, 512Mb RAM, 160Gb HD
> > Technotrend Premium 2.1 FF DVB-C card (the old version)
> > DVBShop IR
> > Homemade RGB-SCART and SP/DIF (toslink) daughtercard on J2 connector
> > Pioneer VSX-C300 DD5.1/DTS amplifier
> >
> > I've been using vdr 1.3.18 for a while. It worked really well with DD5.1
> > through my homemade interface so I decided to try vdr 1.3.19. Now I
> > don't have DD5.1. Same problem even with vanilla vdr 1.3.19, no patches
> > applied or plugins compiled.
> >
> > I found out that when I turn to Canal+ Film1 or Canal+ Film2 channels
> > (probably the only channels in Finland that has dolby digital broadcast)
> > and if i try to select different audiostreams from the Audio menu, only
> > 2 first streams (0 Finnish and 1 Swedish) works but not the DD5.1 (on
> > Audio menu it's 33). If I leave C+ Film1 channel on the background and
> > watch some recording, no sound, and the stop playing it, the background
> > channel comes to screen and then I get DD5.1 but sound is garbled. If I
> > now switch to C+ Film2 channel, no sounds again.
> >
> > On channels that doesn't have DD stream, sounds works even with 1.3.19.
> > Or when I disable DD from the setup menu.
> >
> > DD5.1 worked just fine on 1.3.18, even with dozen of patches and
> > plugins. I don't think it is going to be problem for me since I can
> > allways use 1.3.18 and it works with dolby digital, but I just wanted to
> > inform from this.
>
> Please try again with VDR 1.3.20. If it doesn't work there, I'm afraid you'll
> have to find out which change between 1.3.18 and 1.3.19 has caused this.
>
> Klaus

Hi again

I tried vanilla VDR 1.3.20 and I still got no DD, but now my receiver
has some signal because DD light is active. Some incompatibility with
AC3 tagging perhaps?

Is tagging right word for process? I used it cos I work a lot with
Ethernet and vlan tagging :)

I will try to solve this but my skills aren't good enough.

-Mikko

Home | Main Index | Thread Index