[vdr] Re: choosing a FF card

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

Your question was quoted away, so i assume your problem is,
that you want to convert Hiresolution VGA to High Quality TV(RGB)?
pretty much, yes...

There are much cheaper devices with quite good quality
for approx. 80/100 Euro, for example by "Trust" called "TeleViewer V2".
<cut>
Those devices are intended for "presentations" so the Signal
Quality is quite good. (Don't be irretated by the funny, unprofessinal
looking mouse like cases "Trust" uses. The internal technique is OK ;-)).
Well, my first thought is that it doesnt look like the device can handle field sync, and it also doesnt appear to actually support native PAL resolution.

what Im really after is a video output that is full frame PAL format (768x576) and supports field sync, such that the video player (xine, mplayer, whatever) can use that to display the correct frame for an interlaced source.

I guess my problem space is that I want to be able to display

interlaced source -> interlaced output
progressive source -> interlaced output

but I want at the same time to not need much CPU grunt.

the tricky one is the progressive source which would need to somehow be re-interlaced - god knows how thats done. but I'd be happy with merely the interlaced source being displayed without losing half the vertical resolution...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index