[vdr] Re: VDR-1.3.19 : DD-Audio stuttering when switching between Pro7 and Sat1

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 11:07:39PM +0200, Per Mellander wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:20:16 +0100, Dr. Werner Fink wrote
> > > I've been searching thru the code, mostly the new cDolbyRepacker and
> > > cTS2PES, and haven't found where the actual encapsulation takes place. In
> > > the AC3overDVB it's rather well defined in the cAudioEncapsulatorAC3, but
> > > where is the corresponding code in 1.3.20?
> >
> > This is done in the _firmware_ ... if you have trouble with some
>
> Ok! And my friend got vdr-1.3.20 working with DD5.1 today so there's probably
> as said before - that the DD2.0 seems broken.
>
> I tried with 1.3.14 + AC3overDVB-patch and my reciever behaves exactly as
> with 1.3.20, so apparently my reciever is a no go.

To solve this problem I'd like to get 30 seconds of a recording
with DD2.0 from that channel.  But ensure that there is _really_
a DD2.0 audio stream included.  A few days before I've got two
examples from an other user without any DD2.0 audio stream therein.
And it is clear that a not existing DD audio stream can not
replayed :^))

> If there's no Live support, why can I switch between PCM and DD pids at all,
> or what am I missing. Sorry for beeing such a dork, but all I want is to help
> and to get things working.

Hmm ... IMHO the transfer mode used by VDR 1.3.20 is not Live but simply
a few seconds behind the time at which the data was received.  In other
words it is just like replaying from the memory ringbuffer which is
refilled Live :^)

Btw: Even Live is not Live on a DVB-s, this because to/from satellite
takes time and the decoder also reqires a few tenth of a second.

        Werner

--
AC3 loop through sound card http://bitstreamout.sourceforge.net/
Howto http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=1958