[linux-dvb] Re: Twinhan CI experimental support

Frederic CAND frederic.cand at anevia.com
Fri Apr 1 17:58:32 CEST 2005

Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Frederic CAND <frederic.cand at anevia.com> writes:
>

>>mmm that seems interesting; where can i find manu's ca_zap ? what
>>about your modifications ?
>

> I'll send you the files in a private mail.
fine; prefer french for private mails

>>i have CAMs, a TPS card (HotBird) and CanalSat (Astra) card so I
>>could see which combinations work ...
>

> What CAM brands and model ?
- MatrixCam Reloaded
- Viaccess (The Red one)
- Aston Viaccess professional
- Aston AstonCrypt professional
- Aston 1.05 P/N 901274 Rev 1.2

that's pretty all

>>and try to make other works
>

> That would be cool.

I just suppose all the cams will work if one works but it's when
supposing you only have one CAM and couldn't test with others ... the
idea is to know there are things to do to make different CAMS work ... I
just hope it's not the case but life isn't a fairy tale, now I get it ...

>>... I also noticed the dvb-bt8xx module init takes some time (3 or 4
>>seconds), so maybe there's something to do with it...
>

> Definitely. But I cannot pinpoint the problem.
>
> A lot of processing is done by the microcontroller (MCU) on Twinhan
> card, but the interface to this MCU is rather murky. That's why work
> is progressing very slowly (if at all): we mostly shoot in the dark.
>
> We lack a clear specification of the protocol to be used between the
> host and the card. There are some elements from EN50221 protocol
> encapsulated in Twinhan idiosyncrasies. Error return from MCU is
> boolean (good or not good :-( ).

I'm not sure I'll be of a great help since I'm not an expert but a
beginner ... but I have to make this twinhan card work so I'll do my
best to help ... keeping in mind that for me, the priority is to see the
card working, not earning 3 seconds at startup (even if it has to
change, though)

> Cheers

a+

--