[linux-dvb] What do you think of mpsys library ? (for ca_zap)

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Apr 2 01:40:37 CEST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 01:27, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> On Saturday 02 April 2005 01:17, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> > > int vid_channel_set_param(vid_channel_param_t, int value);
> > > int vid_channel_get_param(vid_channel_param_t);
> >
> > I would prefer to use a struct, or rather a union of structs for
> > each transmission system. You'd get nuts when you need a dozen
> > function calls to tune or update the channel list.
>
> Do you have a neat method of checking what struct was used in the above single
> entry call without to much fuzz? Maybe a enum in concert with a struct?

In other words, sometimes you have to set a single parameter, other times
it makes sense to set the complete set of parameters. The question is where
do we break binary compatability when the device type changes. I would think
that this is the best approach to binary compatability.

We could even provide inline functions for the known types of adapters..

Kenneth