[linux-dvb] sp887x: no firmware upload (timeout of file not found?)

strider400 at optusnet.com.au strider400 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Apr 3 19:13:56 CEST 2005

Hi

I've been attempting to setup FC3 2.6.10 with upgraded udev-50 for my aver 761. The
drivers load without hasle but the firmware does not. I just renamed sc_main.mc to dvb-
fe-sp887x.fw and get sp887x: no firmware upload (timeout of file not found?) in dmesg
after 10sec. Is the firmware module suppose to load this? lsmod shows that
firmware_class is loaded. Is my problem firmware (settings) or udev/hotplug?

Thanks

Ben