[linux-dvb] Crashes with kernel 2.4.30

Bernard Hatt bernard.hatt at ntlworld.com
Wed Apr 6 18:23:50 CEST 2005

I've been running 2.4.27 with linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 and
linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0 for some time with no problems whatsoever.

Having now upgraded to 2.4.30 (re-compiling the linux-dvb modules)
using dvb seems to cause the machine to lock up (completly frozen
with just the caps lock and scroll lock flashing on the keyboard).

xine will start up and display the first channel, but will lock the
machine if I change channel, and dvbdate will also cause this.

The hardware is a DEC-2000:
P:  Vendor=0b48 ProdID=1006 Rev= 1.00
S:  Manufacturer=TechnoTrend AG
S:  Product=TechnoTrend DVB-S/-C/-T STB - USB Adapter
I:  If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 8 Cls=00(>ifc ) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=ttusb-dec

Everything is stable again once I reboot with 2.4.27 ...

Have I missed something obvious in upgrading the kernel ?, is
anyone else running with 2.4.30 ?

Thanks,

Bernard