[linux-dvb] Need to update dvb_dibusb in kernel 2.6.10

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Sat Apr 9 21:27:55 CEST 2005

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Frings wrote:

>I like to upgrade to the driver dvb_dibusb that is in kernel 2.6.11 because I
>encountered some instabilities and somebody highly recommended me to upgrade
>it. But for many strong reasons I must still use the older kernel 2.6.10.
>
>Is it possible to use the newer driver in the older kernel? How?

You could easily use dvb-kernel from CVS (see
http://www.linuxtv.org/cvs.php for instructions).

Deactivate DVB support in your kernel. Compile it. Before running "make
modules_install" clean the kernel-module-directory
(/lib/modules/2.6.x/), so that hotplug don't use the unwanted kernel
drivers.

Compile the dvb drivers inside the build-2.6-directory in dvb-kernel by
running make. And load them by invoking "./insmod.sh load".

That's it :).

best regards,
Patrick