reply-to modification (was: [linux-dvb] What am I doing wrongwith this Twinhan card?)

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Apr 12 14:48:28 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:10:27PM +0200, Sergei Haller wrote:
> The only perfect solution would be if every subscriber could
> enable/disable the reply-to header in his settings on the lists management
> site. (the site where you can define if you want digests or not)

No, the perfect solution is a mailer with three reply functions:

1. Direct reply to sender
2. Group reply to the sender and everyone who got the original
   (To: list, CC: list etc);
3. List reply (recognising that the post was sent to a mailing list).

Mutt has these ('r', 'g', and 'l' respectively). I don't know what else
does.

Hamish