[linux-dvb] FDSR messages

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Tue Apr 12 14:56:02 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 02:48:53PM +0300, Jukka Tastula wrote:
> That looks nasty. Tried disabling APIC and ACPI irq nonsense and then
> checking for conflicts? Bttv cards really don't like to share an irq. They
> really really don't.

I'm running APIC/ACPI etc here. When I was using the BT878 I tried both
with and without and it made no difference at all.

> BTW I get loads of FBUS and FDSR "errors" on my nebula nxt6000, too, but I
> honestly can't see any ill effects from these messages. Actually I got so
> much of them I just disabled the printks in the source to clean up the
> logs :)

You're not getting damaged MPEG streams? Certainly on my Aver761 it was
unwatchable while the FDSR/FBUS errors are occuring.

But depends on the frequency. If you get one every 15 minutes you might
not notice it (like one of the other posters to this thread). If you get
a few hundred per second you can't miss it.

Hamish