[linux-dvb] TwinHan Clones

Manu Abraham manu at kromtek.com
Tue Apr 12 16:04:40 CEST 2005

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Dominique Dumont writes:
>  > Martin Cap <macap20001 at compuserve.de> writes:
>  >
>  > > this one "Hama DVB SAT - CI PCI Karte" (although it should be an exact
>  > > clone of the Twinhan card you mentioned):
>  > > http://www.hama.de/portal/articleId*108593/action*2563
>  >
>  > It looks more like a clone of the Technisat card.
>
> Same in green, red or blue ...
> They are all Twinhan cards.

You forgot Yellow.. ;-) Maybe the entire spectrum.. ? ;-)
By name, Hama, VVMER, Tomato, Hercules...  any other names ?

> AFAIR, the longer red Twinhan is a VP1030A, the Technisat a VP1030C.
> Then there is a similar looking one (tuner in same angle as Technisat)
> but with different tuner called VP1032. I think Manu mentioned a
> VP1032A to me (probably the version where the tuner actually works)
> and there are probably many more ...

A newer version of that also is out (1032A) .. A Cable version of the
same also is out (2031A) ... Received them yesterday. I haven't received
them in my hands, as it came down in my other office a bit far away..
The Terrestrial version will be out soon .

With all these multitude of variants and clones, my head has started to
reel.. Some clones are entirely different.. The commands what we have
right now are also totally different for them, eventhough the hardware
is just the same.. Just the difference in firmware. One can say OEM/ODM
hardware..

Manu