[linux-dvb] Slow channel changes with AverTV DVB-T 771

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
Wed Apr 13 10:08:39 CEST 2005

Thanks for your reply. I guess it could be the buffer filling up - I had
not considered that. Is there a way to configure MythTV so that the
channel would change immediately and the buffer fill later on ?

"Ivor Hewitt" <ivor at ivor.org>
13/04/2005 08:53
Please respond to
ivor at ivor.org

Matthew.Quinney at hollandandholland.com
linux-dvb at linuxtv.org
Re: [linux-dvb] Slow channel changes with AverTV DVB-T 771

> I am using MythTV 0.17 on a Fedora Core 3 (Kernel
> 2.6.10-1.770_14.rhfc3.at) box with an AverMedia DVB-T 771 card. The
> machine works well but I find that it can take up to 5/8 seconds to
> TV channels. Is there anything I can to do speed this up ?
How long does the card take to change channels using the tzap utility?

Are you sure you're not just seeing the 3-4 second delay as Myth fills up
Live ringbuffer?

> The picture quality seems good enough to me so I don't think it is a
> problem with signal strength.
> Any help would be most appreciated.
This is most likely simply a myth issue not a dvb issue.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the uuNet Internet Managed
Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs.