[linux-dvb] TT DVB NTSC limitations?

Sebastian sebastian_ml at gmx.net
Sat Apr 16 14:04:27 CEST 2005

Hello list,

everytime a playback a NTSC file with 24000/1001 frames per second (fps)
over my dvb rev. 1.5 the playback is jerky and I get light collums all
over the picture, it looks like interference. In contrast playing
3000/1001 fps NTSC material or 25 fps PAL material over the card is just
fine, playback is fluent and there's no interference.

Is there a limitation to 30000/1001fps for NTSC in the dvb specs in
general or is this a limitation of the TT dvb only?

If this is indeed the case I'd like to bother mplayer and dvd-plugin
developers with it a bit :-)

Thanks

Sebastian